Online Election guidelines and rules 2020
GOVERNMENT OF NAGALAND
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL, DIMAPUR GOVERNMENT COLLEGE
NO: DC/GEN-16/2010-11/ Dated: ….th Nov. 2020
Election of Class Representatives (CRs) and Executive Council to the Dimapur Government College Students’ Council (DGCSC) for the tenure 2020-21 will be held online in view of the current pandemic situation. Therefore, all concerned are informed to take the note of the following guidelines.
A. Important Dates and Time
|1||Filing of Nomination||December 2, 2020||10:00 AM – 02:00 PM|
|2||Withdrawal of Nomination||December 3, 2020||12:00 NOON|
|3||Scrutiny of intending candidates||December 4, 2020||10:00 AM|
|4||Publication of Eligible candidates||December 4, 2020||02:00 PM|
|5||Election of CRs||December 7, 2020||10:00 AM|
|6||Declaration of Result||December 7, 2020||01:00 PM|
|7||Election to the Executive Council||December 7, 2020||02:00 PM|
B. Number of Class Representatives (CRs) to be Elected
|Sl. No.||Classes||No of Girls||No of Boys||Total|
|1||BA I Sec A||1||1||2|
|2||BA I Sec B||1||1||2|
|3||BA I Sec C||1||1||2|
|4||BA I Sec D||1||1||2|
|5||BA III Sec A||1||1||2|
|6||BA III Sec B||1||1||2|
|7||BA III Sec C||1||1||2|
|8||BA V Sec A||1||1||2|
|9||BA V Sec B||1||1||2|
|10||B. Com I||1||1||2|
|11||B. Com III||1||1||2|
|12||B. Com V||1||1||2|
C. Eligibility Criterion to Various Posts of Executive Council
|Sl. No.||Name of the posts||No. of Post||Semester||Remark|
|1||Vice president||1||3rd Sem||To be nominated by the President|
|2||General Secretary||1||3rd Sem||Reserved for Ao|
|3||Asst. Gen. Secy||1||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|4||Games & Sports Secy.||1||3rd Sem||Reserved for Minorities|
|5||Asst. Games & Sports Secy.||1||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|6||Literary Secy.||1||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|7||Information & Publicity Secy.||1||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|8||Women Coordinator||1||3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|9||Representative to ANSCU||1||1st Sem||To be Elected|
|10||Representative to DNSU||1||3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|11||Cultural Secretary||1||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
|12||Representative for Boys & Girls Common Rooms||2 (1 each)||1st or 3rd Sem||To be Elected|
- Eligibility Criteria and Rules for Candidates (including Reserved Posts)
- The intending candidates must have at least 50% of class attendance
- The intending candidates must not have any backlog paper
- The intending candidates must not have contested in the last year’s
- The Proposer and the Seconder must be from the same class of the intending candidates.
- All the details given in the nomination form for candidate, proposer and seconder must tally with official record of the College.
- Filing and withdrawal of nomination must be completed within the stipulated time.
- Violation of the code of conduct shall liable to be penalised as per rules.
- Election to the Office Bearers of the DGCSC shall be done offline.
- For reserved postse. General Secretary and Sports Secretary, the candidate need not be an elected CR.
- Vice-President shall be nominated by the President.
- All the intending candidates are mandatory to be present (physically) in the College on December 7, 2020 by 9:00AM with proper College uniform (not Wednesday uniform).
- Valid Examination fee or Library Card or College ID Card must be produced by the intending candidates to the Election committee on their arrival at the College on 7th
- Absentee of the intending candidates shall be nullified.
- All the intending candidates shall give a speech of 3 minutes (maximum) in class Google meet.
- The internet facility shall be arranged by the students themselves. The Election Committee shall not be held responsible for the poor internet facility.
- Guidelines for Filing of Nomination, Withdrawal & Scrutiny
- Filing of nomination shall be done online only.
- The link for filing nomination will be available on College website dimapurgovtcollege.in
- All the intending candidates must file their nomination within the stipulated time.
- Withdrawal of nomination should be done on the proper form given on the College Website.
- Verification and scrutiny of the intending candidates shall be done by the Election committee based on office record.
- Polling Day (December 7, 2020)
- The Google meet link shall be posted in respective Google classroom on December 7, 2020 at 09:00 am by the Presiding Officer.
- The meet link shall be activated at 09:30 am and students shall be admitted by the Presiding Officer.
- All the students must join their respective class meet latest by 9:55 AM.
- The Election process shall begin at 10:00 am.
- No student/s shall be allowed to enter into meet class after 10:00 AM.
- The Presiding officer shall read out the names of the candidates along with the instructions to the class before speeches of the candidates.
- The candidates shall be given maximum of three (3) minutes to deliver his/her speech on the invitation of the Presiding officer.
- No questions from the students on candidates will be entertained. However, clarifications can be done with due permission from the Presiding officer.
- After the speeches are done by the candidates, the Presiding officer shall activate the voting questions in the Google classrooms.
- There will be two questions, one question for female CR and the other for male CR
- Multiple options with names of the intending candidates will be given in the questions along with the option of None of the Above (NOTA)
- The students shall be given 15 minutes time to cast their votes through the questions posted in their Google classrooms.
- Dispute and discrepancies of any sort shall be routed through Presiding officer to the Election Committee, for which the verdict of the Returning Officer shall be final and binding.
- General Guidelines for Class Teacher In-charge & Presiding/Polling officers
- Google meet shall be used for speeches to be delivered by the candidates, while Google classroom shall be used to cast their votes
- The following classes shall be used to elect their CRs.
- BA I Sec A – General English
- BA I Sec B – General English
- BA I Sec C – General English
- BA I Sec D – General English
- BA III Sec A – Alt. English
- BA III Sec B – Alt. English
- BA III Sec C – Alt. English
- BA V Sec A – EVS
- BA V Sec B – EVS
- Com I
- Com III
- Com V
- The Faculty In-charge of the aforementioned (Sec G, 3 i to l) classes shall admit/invite the Presiding and Polling officers to their class WhatsApp group and Google classrooms as Co-teachers for the purpose of election. All the Presiding and Polling Officers shall be admitted to their respective class groups latest by 5th December, 2020.
The Co-teachers shall be removed from respective classes only after the election process is cleared for that particular class. The clearance to remove the co-teachers from class WhatsApp groups and Google classrooms shall be notified by Election Committee.
- The Presiding Officer shall create a Google meet link from their G-suite account to address the class, and to also to enable the candidates to give speeches on the polling day.
- FOR VOTE CASTING, TWO QUESTIONS WILL BE POSTED IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM; ONE SHALL BE FOR FEMALE CANDIDATES AND THE OTHER FOR MALE CANDIDATES TO BE TITLED AS FEMALE CR AND MALE CR
The Presiding officer must note that the names of the female and males intending candidates shall be given under their respective questions. Also, the option of None of the above (NOTA) must be given in both the questions.
- The questions must be prepared well ahead of the schedule by the Presiding officers and shall be made ready in save draft mode in respective Google classrooms.
- As soon as the allotted time is over for vote casting, the Presiding and polling officers shall count the vote by clicking the Summary button in Google classrooms.
- The highest votes secured by female and male candidates shall be elected as Class Representatives (CRs).
- In case of a tie, the matter shall be settled by a draw of lot by the Election Committee in the presence of the candidates.
- The names of the elected CRs shall be submitted by the Presiding officer to the Election Committee within 30 minutes of the vote poll closed or by 1:00Pm whichever is earlier.
- The Screenshot of the Result (Summary) page on Google classroom should be posted in respective Google classrooms by the Presiding officer.
- The result shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly citing the subject as DGCSC Election 2020 Result (BA I A – Concerned Class and Sec). The details such as
- Name of the elected female CR
- Name of the elected male CR
- Name of the presiding and polling officers must be furnished by the Presiding Officer in the email.
- Election to the Executive Council
- Election to the Executive Council of the DGCSC shall be done offline on December 7, 2020.
- All the elected CRs must remain in the College on 7th December after declaration of the CR election result for election to the Executive Council.
- The candidates to contest for the posts of Executive Council (other than reserved posts) shall be applied through the format provided to them on December 7, 2020.
- The candidates for the post of General Secretary and Games and Sports secretary shall give speech in the election to the Executive Council.